Friday, March 16, 2012

DIY: Tassel and Rhinestone Bracelet


As I was perusing my March edition of Lucky magazine, I came across this tassel necklace by Jay Godfrey. His website was having a little technical difficulty, so I just took a picture so you could see where my idea originated.

I wasn't quite sure if a tassel necklace was for me, so I decided to make a bracelet. All the materials needed can be found at your local craft store and this project can be done in less than an hour. These are the steps to make your own fabulous tassel and rhinestone bracelet.
Supplies needed for this project are a lobster clasp, metal chain, tassels, rhinestone edging, pliers, scissors, all purpose craft clue, and a paper plate.

First, using pliers pull apart one of the links to separate the chain. Make sure to measure the chain around your wrist. Also, pull seven separate links off  needed for later. Then, set the chain off to the side.

Second, you will need to tie a tassel to one link as shown. This set will be repeated.

Third, before you cut the end of the tassel tie off, apply glue and let dry. This will deter fraying and adhere the tassel.

This is the rhinestone edging, this can be found in the material section. I was lucky enough to buy this at the thirft store because you will need a foot and a half.

Fourth, I measure the circumfirence of the tassel and cut the appropraite length. Put the glue on the back and place around the tassel, you will need to hold for about 10 seconds and place off to the side.

Fifth, place each tassel on the braclet and close the link with the pliers. I placed each tassel on evey other link. I used a total of seven tassels.
Sixth, apply lobster clasp to the end of the bracelet with pliers. It closes perfectly into a link.

Finished project - I actually like it better than the necklace. I think the rhinestones enhance the bracelet.

I hope you all have a great weekend!  

6 comments:

  1. Very creative! Have a lovely weekend:)
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne, I hope you have a great weekend too.

      Delete
  2. You have a very nice blog. Follow you now (on bloglovin and gfc), feel free to follow back :)

    greetings
    http://www.styleundsein.de

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fab! I would do a nude/pink tassel against antique gold chain, might have to give it a go! Will let you know if I do!

    Susie X

    theembellished.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's a great idea! I have some of those tassels in blue :D

    xoxo Julieta
    www.vjuliet.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you ...