Monday, June 11, 2012

Ode to Summer Wedding Attire

Well, I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend. The weather couldn't be anymore perfect, we haven't seen rain in a long time. My grass is a little crunchy, but I'd rather have the sun. This weekend I went to a wedding. Interesting enough, these two people worked in my building and met at work. It's pretty rare to have two individuals at the work place get married. I could be happier for them! You guys that read my blog know I am a big thrift store, consignment shop girl. I have also posted before that I am a big fan at Plato's closet, now most people say that is for teenagers( I say no!). Well, actually they have clothes ranging from size 0- 14. Usually, when I go in there, I will find maybe one or two items. This dress in this post is from Plato's. I actually tried it on Monday and I decided not to buy it because some of the beading needed fixed and I wasn't sure I would have time to work on the dress. That dressed weighed on my mind until Saturday, I thought I would swing by to see if it was still there and it was! So, they gave me 20% off and I took this French Connection dress for $9.00. (Holla!)  Crazy me, I waited until the day of the wedding to buy the dress and fix it. I work better under pressure anyway. With this dress I opted to wear my Diba wrap around silver sandals, I usually wear heels, but I thought of comfort and knew I would be breaking it down on the dance floor. I accessorized with lots of silver arm candy and simple hoops, because I felt like the beading was busy enough. It seems like there are quite a few people getting married this summer. Do you have any weddings to go to this summer?










I found a few great dresses for different body types. This in case your in need of a new dress for a upcoming wedding.






Dress with Frill at the Hip- Zara

Red Beaded Dress- Dorothy Perkins


Dress Trance Cream- Welikefashion
V-back Dress- Zara


 When you are invited to a wedding do you by something new or look in your closet?

6 comments:

  1. That was only $9? What a bargain.
    I love it with the silver bangles xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute dresses
    http://shana-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. great dress picks - love the studs and the peplum!

    http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous LBD!

    http://www.navlandstyle.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress is such a great fit on you girl!!! and agree those sandals are AWESOME!! Thanks for linking up! Love your find ;O)

    Shana

    ColorBlind
    Thrifters Anonymous Link Up Every Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you ...