Wednesday, June 13, 2012

DIY- Making Clip on Earrings into Pierced

This is a very easy DIY and I am not sure why I didn't think about doing this before I started this blog. I have a bunch of great vintage earrings that are clip-on, but I didn't even think about making them into post earrings that I actually would wear everyday. The wedding I went to this past weekend, the bride bought earrings from Macy's and loved them. When, she got home she realized they were clip-on, so I fixed them for her and they looked fabulous with her wedding gown. So this can be done to new or vintage earrings. There is no reason not to buy those clip-on earrings, you can fix them easily.

Materials needed are clip-on earrings of your choice, E-6000 craft glue, post backings ,pliers, and a paper plate. I used 10mm post on these, but you might need smaller ones depending on the size of the backing.

This is what the backing of my earrings looked like.

Step 1: Take pliers and remove the backing. Make sure to hold the earring firmly when pulling.

Step 2: Glue the post on the back with E-6000 glue. Voila how easy is that!

I actually took a picture of the earrings from my friends wedding, but somehow it disappeared. Hmm?

Do you have any clip on earrings? Have you ever made them into pierced earrings.

4 comments:

  1. Cute earrings! And that looks so easy.
    I do not wear clip ons anymore...used to in high school during the whole Madonna Material Girl era. I find them more than a little uncomfortable.
    If I see some clips on that are worth converting, I will try doing this.
    Hope you're well!
    xo, A

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am feeling much better after some rest and time away from dust!

      Delete
  2. hey, carrie. these are very whimsical. love this DIY project... sometimes i find earrings that are made for non-pierced ears, and this is a great inspiration. :)

    happy thursday!


    xoxo
    jasmine
    AdamAlexMommy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you ...