Wednesday, June 27, 2012

DIY: Decorating With Numbers


I love to decorate with numbers. I recently have completed a few projects that involve numbers. I always love getting some inspiration from Pinterest.



Via Pinterest

One of the projects I completed using numbers involved using plastic numbers that I purchased at the thrift store. I bought a whole bag for $1.91. Also, I purchased an assorted bag of scrapbook paper. I cut the scrapbook paper to the size I desired. Then, I hot glued the number to the paper. Finally, I glued the paper to my baskets that I keep odds and ends(junk) in. This is what the final outcome looks like:



Another project, I completed with numbers involved using a stool that I purchased at a garage sale for $5.00. I painted the top of the stool a different color. I knew I wanted to stencil the top of the stool with a number, so the best place I knew to go that was free was the Internet.  I love how this stool turned out and use it in my bathroom to do my makeup and in my closet to reach things.

I printed this number off the Internet. Make sure to adjust the size to fit your desired space.

Tape the number to the top of the stool. I used recycled painters tape to hold it down. Most people will use masking tape- I couldn't find any.

Paint in the stencil with you desired color. I used a smaller brush to smooth out the outlining areas.
Finished project. Let dry and use!
Have you ever decorated with numbers? What is your favorite thing to look at on Pinterest?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you ...