Friday, June 8, 2012

DIY: Neon Gold Chain Purse

Happy Friday, this is probably the easiest DIY I have completed. The only materials needed for this project are a chain linked purse, ribbon, and scissors. My weekend is not to busy, I have a wedding to attend and a few household things I need to complete. Mostly, I plan on enjoying the great weather and enjoying the pool.

This DIY can easily be changed when neon goes away, then you could use another color of ribbon instead of neon.
Step 1: Start with a purse that has a chain as a handle.

Step 2: Untie the black leather and undo from the chain.

Step 3: Use neon ribbon to thread each chain

Step 4: Tie the ribbon in a knot at the end of the chain.

Step 5: My purse has a leather compartment that the chain slides through, so I put the part of the chain where the ribbon is tied in there.

This could work with many types of chain linked purses!
I would love to hear what you think?

2 comments:

  1. Very cute idea. A great way to modernize a classic handbag. Now, if I could just find a cute bag like the one you have...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the end result! It's a nice pop of colour without being too full on

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you ...