Saturday, December 31, 2011

Getting Ready for 2012


I wish everyone a Happy New Year. I have had the best time writing my blog and can't wait to see what 2012 has in store. One project that I have been working on over the holidays is creating a space for all my projects. My mother  and brother Kevin came over 2 weekends ago and helped me organize an area in the basement for my studio. Well, after a week I have added a little color and feel inspired to create. I wanted to share my photos of my creative space and show that you can make a space with items you already own. See you in 2012.


The material used on my table were from a duvet I owned. I used a staple gun to secure it to the edge of the table. The frames  and the lime green paint were from my basement. I used some vintage necklaces  in the large frame. The curtain over the window is made from two pillow shams. 


This screen divider helps separate  my studio space from the rest of the basement. This screen my mom gave me and was a pale green. The pink and white material is from a curtain that I bought for $15.00. I was able to use this material in a variety of places. I also used chalkboard paint on this screen. The trunk I already owned and is great  for storage.

Love the chalkboard paint.

For storage I used those glass vases that take up cabinet space. I used them for my thread and zippers.  I already owned the paper flowers and vase.

This fabulous zebra chair is from the thrift store for $7.99. (Wow!) The shag pink rug is from  Walmart for $20.00. I spend a total of $42.00 on my space. This space is priceless  because it is mine to be creative and not have to worry about picking up a mess ever time I start a new project.

1 comment:

  1. Wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year Carrie!
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you ...