Tuesday, December 20, 2011

DIY- Eyeglass case cheetah clutch- Inspiration Rebecca Minkoff

I was reading my November 2011edition of InStyle Magazine and came across this Rebecca Minkoff ' s oversize cheetah hair calf clutch. I kept this  for a future DIY. When my mother came over this weekend with this fabulous cheetah coat she had bought from the thrift store, I knew I had the perfect material for this clutch.

Things you will need to complete this project are: cheetah fabric(can be found at a craft store), and large eyeglass case.  Eyeglass cases can be found by the masses at thrift stores. Mine is 7 inches by 3 inches. You will also need fabric glue, Amazing GOOP adhesive, paintbrush, scissors, black ribbon, clips, and a heavy object.

First, you will separate the inside from the outside of the eyeglass case. Only lift the edges,  not the whole interior.

Second, then use the brush to paint fabric glue between the inside and the outside of the eyeglass case.

Third, push the fabric in between the interior and the exterior of the eyeglass case.

Fourth, paint the fabric glue on the back of the case.

Fifth, cut the excess fabric before following step three for the other side of the eye glass case.

Sixth, use the Goop adhesive between the interior and the exterior of the eye glass case. Just pull the two parts apart, because  fabric glue wil lnot fully dried. This allowed me to put two pieces of ribbon on each side in the middle of the case. I cut ribbon pieces to 10 inches. You can trim these later. You will then need to clip the sides for the adhesive to adhere. Let it dry overnight. After removing the clips, you will need to close the case and place something heavy on top of it. I actually put mine under a piece o f furniture. This helps make sure there is no gap when the case is closed.

I couldn't be more pleased with the finished product. I can't wait to use my cheetah clutch. I would love to hear what you think.

7 comments:

  1. Precious!!! Perfect for New Year's Eve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow! great job. it's really cute. and you saved money too.

    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
    Come and enter!
    In Love With Fashion Giveaway.

    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, nice job! This DIY looks so easy and the purse looks fab! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW that was so unexpected. WELL DONE on that beautiful DIY project. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really appreciate the clear directions with photos of each step. It looks great !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you ...