Happy Monday, I am pumped this is a short week. I am excited to have a few new followers, happy to have you! I will be visiting you soon, the sickness is plaguing me again. So, I have done nothing this weekend, but watched the Lifetime channel. My husband thinks its funny, he can turn it onto that channel, and I will sit on the couch for hours upon hours. This is because it is usually hard to get me to sit down. With the holiday season upon us, it's time to start thinking of gift ideas. The best gifts in my opinion are the ones that people took time and thought to pick out or make for me. For example, last Christmas, one of my good friend's, Lauren, purchased a subscription to InStyle for me. I loved this gift for these reasons:
1.This wouldn't be something I buy for myself
2. I had just started my blog and this was so helpful
3. I got this gift all year, I couldn't wait to get my new edition in the mail every month
Another one of my good friends, Molly, bought me a pair of sequin leggings from Express. She over heard me talking about them. She knew they wouldn't be something I would buy for myelf, but loved. I love them and think of her every time I wear them.
Here are some tips when thinking of gifts for other people:
1. Think about any hobby or interests they are currently involved in.
2. Have they ever admired something of yours- they might want one just like it!
3. Listen to things they say they want or need in passing conversations- then write it down( I forget if I don't )
4. Handmade gifts give that personal touch
5. Monogramming shows that you are really thinking of them
|Baublebar: Acrylic Script Monogram|
|Striped Momgrammed Bracelet|
How do you pick gifts for people? Do you make any of your gifts?