Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I'm plaid with that

Happy Wednesday ! This post is on plaid. Plaid is a print that can be combined with many prints. Buffalo plaid as seen in Michael Kors 2012 Fall collection is a plaid that has two main colors.

Michael Kors Fall 2012 Fashion Show

I tend to wear buffalo plaid more often, but for this post I wore tartan plaid. I bought this skirt from the thrift store. I loved that it is pleated, wraps around, and still had the original pin to hold the front together. This skirt is vintage, but to modernize it, I paired it with a yellow pinstriped J.Crew shirt, black Madewell sweater, and my new Tahari boots.

Tahari Strauss Boots , Madewell Black Sweater- Similar, Thrifted Plaid Skirt- Similar

Silver Monogrammed Necklace- SimilarRhinestoned Bow Studs, J.Crew Yellow Pinstripe shirt- Similar

Do you wear plaid? Do you prefer one plaid over another?

I am sure that everyone is glad to have a short week. It's great to be able to spend time with family. Is anyone going to go Black Friday shopping? I can't decide if I need anything that bad to go out. Well, I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving.

Linking up at the Pleated Poppy for WIWW.


  1. I love plaid but can never seem to find it. That skirt is so pretty.

  2. You do plaid So well! Happy Thanksgiving Carrie!

  3. I love plaid skirts! I just saw those MK looks yesterday and love them! esp. the leather and plaid together! Visiting from WIWW! Happy Thanksgiving!


  4. great look on you!

    Would love to have you stop by and say hello at :) happy Thanksgiving! xo

  5. i need more plaid in my life, especially after seeing this look on you!
    Xo Megan,

  6. I love plaid- prefer black watch yet strangely enough don't have a lot of it in my closet this year. Loads of red tartan. Love the buffalo check though. Great post- plaid you wrote it.


Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you ...