Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I'm plaid with that

Happy Wednesday ! This post is on plaid. Plaid is a print that can be combined with many prints. Buffalo plaid as seen in Michael Kors 2012 Fall collection is a plaid that has two main colors.

Michael Kors Fall 2012 Fashion Show



I tend to wear buffalo plaid more often, but for this post I wore tartan plaid. I bought this skirt from the thrift store. I loved that it is pleated, wraps around, and still had the original pin to hold the front together. This skirt is vintage, but to modernize it, I paired it with a yellow pinstriped J.Crew shirt, black Madewell sweater, and my new Tahari boots.

Tahari Strauss Boots , Madewell Black Sweater- Similar, Thrifted Plaid Skirt- Similar


Silver Monogrammed Necklace- SimilarRhinestoned Bow Studs, J.Crew Yellow Pinstripe shirt- Similar



Do you wear plaid? Do you prefer one plaid over another?

I am sure that everyone is glad to have a short week. It's great to be able to spend time with family. Is anyone going to go Black Friday shopping? I can't decide if I need anything that bad to go out. Well, I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving.


Linking up at the Pleated Poppy for WIWW.

7 comments:

  1. I love plaid but can never seem to find it. That skirt is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do plaid So well! Happy Thanksgiving Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love plaid skirts! I just saw those MK looks yesterday and love them! esp. the leather and plaid together! Visiting from WIWW! Happy Thanksgiving!

    Lindsey
    http://thriftandshout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. great look on you!

    Would love to have you stop by and say hello at thechiffondiary.com :) happy Thanksgiving! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. i need more plaid in my life, especially after seeing this look on you!
    Xo Megan, www.TfDiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love plaid- prefer black watch yet strangely enough don't have a lot of it in my closet this year. Loads of red tartan. Love the buffalo check though. Great post- plaid you wrote it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you ...