Monday, November 12, 2012

Dress for all that's Jolly

I hope everyone had a great weekend. It was unseasonably warm here, so we tried to play outside as much as we could. I also may have put up a Christmas light or two because I rarely get to put them up in a tank top. I promise not to turn them on for a couple of weeks! The holidays will be in full force soon and it's a very busy time. So, now is a great time to start looking for that holiday dress. I snagged this baby at the thrift store this summer for $16.99, yes that's right. This is an excellent time to go thrifting for a holiday dress, because there are still plenty available. If thrifting is not your thing, then the stores have plenty for you to choose from.





I have picked a few holiday dresses that I think will look great on different body types. All of these dresses are fabulous and all have great price points.



For the ruler shape Lipsy One Shoulder Dress
For Pear shape body types this Mango- Sequin Dress .
For hour glass shapes this Sequin Skirt Dress.

For the tulip shape Elissa Tee Dress

I will also be posting on Wednesday how to take last year's dress and reuse it in a different way, if you are passing on buying a new holiday dress. I love this time of year because I get to dress up. Make sure the dress you choose makes you feel like a million bucks!


Have you bought a holiday dress yet? Do you buy one every holiday or try to reuse previous ones?

18 comments:

  1. Hi Carrie, this dress is soo beautiful and looks amazing on you! I love the color!
    have a great week!
    xx chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie, that dress is gorgeous! It fits you perfectly. I was perusing Pinterest today and came upon this outfit. It has your name written all over it. Let me know if you decided to use it for inspiration..
    http://pinterest.com/pin/39899146670258806/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tammy I love this inspiration, I have many pieces similar that will work. I will let you know when I use it, thanks for thinking of me!

      Delete
  4. Woah, $16 for that awesome dress? You win for fabulous find of the week, Carrie. Thanks for sharing your look with Visible Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One shoulder sexy dress! For $16? I love a great bargain! You look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh, that dress on you is like magic
    Xo Megan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm all for anything with sequins <3
    That is such an incredible dress, the colour is stunning, love the asymetric cut and it fits you beautifully!
    What an incredible find for only $16.99 - it would have been cheap at $169

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fab thrift store find!! I just love it when that happens :)
    xoxo,
    Nikki at www.bedazzlesafterdark.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowsa! Hot mama!

    I wore a $5.00 black sheath dress last year and adorned it with a statement necklace. This year, I think all the parties will be more casual so I am going the dressy jeans route.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are the woman they made this dress for! So sleek! And how many ways can you wear those shoes?

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have such lovely style sense. I found your blog via Adrienne of Rich Life on a Budget. She is right; your blog is special. I love that you find many of your things thrifting. I love thrifting and have had some very good luck with it; especially finding special occasion dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The latest designer short kurtis are the most favoured and foremost choice of modern women

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I got know your article’s Content and your article skill both are always good. Thanks for sharing this article this content is very significant for me I really appreciate you.
    brandon lee eric draven coat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you ...