Wednesday, November 28, 2012

DIY: Embellished Pearl Sweater

Most of you that read my blog,  know that I love all things embellished. Well, for now I have gone away from spikes and studs, and currently love pearls.  For a while, I wanted to put pearls on a sweater, but I needed the right sweater.  You might have one right in your closet you can use. I found mine for $10.00 at Plato's closet. This is a great embellished sweater to add to any wardrobe and I love how it turned out.





Materials needed for this are a sweater, scissors, threading needle, white thread, 2 different sizes of pearls. I used some from a old necklace I had, but they can be found at any local craft store.







Step 1: Decide upon a design before sewing on pearls. Thread your needle and pull through sweater with a large needle.


Step 2: After each pearl, you will tie a knot. Then, move onto the next pearl. Do not cut string until the final pearl. You will need to do one continuous string. I tried knotting them separately and they kept falling off. (annoying)


Step 3: Continue process until you have the desired design.


 Step 4: I put on eight large pearls and ten smaller pearls on each sleeve. Make sure to duplicate the same pattern on the other sleeve.


Linking up at the Pleated Poppy for WIWW.

I have decided to host a giveaway each Friday for the next 3 weeks. Since it is the time of giving and  I love giving my friends gifts to let them know I appreciate and think of them. I appreciate all of my readers and your support. The first giveaway will be some supplies for a few DIY's and a DIY done my moi. Check out Friday's post if interested.

6 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I love that sweater with those pants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! You look fantastic! I love that outfit on you! I love the leather pants. That is such a creative idea for your sweater. Your gold belt and outfit in the previous post is also delicious. You are so creative and stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute. I once did the lapel on a jean jacket. I really should dig that baby out of the black hole in my closet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's gorg and I love it with the leather leggings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This outfit is so cool! It is made even cooler by the fact that you DIY'd it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you ...