Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Holiday Dress - Revamped


Well this week is dedicated to the holiday dress. This is my dress that I wore last year. I can't believe a year has already went by and it's time for the holidays. Sometimes I buy a dress for a certain holiday occasion, get excited, and then find out it is not as dressy affair as I thought. So, to get many uses out of that holiday dress, make it more causal. I took this sequined strapless dress and paired it with a chambray shirt and hot pink sweater. When I showed my daughter my dress, she said, "didn't you have a skirt just on". My mission was accomplished, she didn't realize that it was the same dress. This is also a great alternative, if you do not want to invest in a new holiday dress. Look at your oldies, but goodies in your closet and see how you can revamp it!









What is your favorite sequined piece? Have you bought anything new for a holiday party coming up?
Linking up at the  The Pleated Poppy for WIWW .

12 comments:

  1. L-O-V-E this - espesh with the hot pink sweater and button down! I have a gold sequined Alice + Olivia dress that I scored off eBay a few years back, and wore it last year for New Year's Eve, with a plaid button down on top, so I'm all for turning dress into skirt. Go on witcho bad self, mama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you, you make me smile I read your comments. You remind me of one of my best friends, your personalities are so similar. I never thought of a plaid shirt I will have to give it a whirl. I bet you looked fab in that ALice and Olivia dress- what a score!

      Delete
  2. Love how you made the dress work for winter. Looks lovely.

    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what I did with a black maxi and sequined tank. I thought it made me look shapeless and frumpy! You on the other hand rock this one to the max!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the sequined outfit on you and no you didn't look frumpy. Thanks for your sweetness!

      Delete
  4. That is one awesome dress! I love it styled both ways. I love all things sparkly :) Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you dressed it down - perfect!

    preethi
    lace, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi carrie! I just discovered you via the lovely Adrienne and you have got rad style. Shopping secondhand looks first rate on you! Love the hair and the glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such an incredible dress & I love how you've styled it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you ...