Monday, January 13, 2014

To sale or not to sale


Hello everyone, I have been on a hiatus. I have taken many pictures, but nothing has stood out that said blog about this. I think part of it is this weather and on this day it was actually descent. It was a few days after we had  negative 30 temperatures with wind chills. During those cold days, I did venture to the mall. I snagged this Forever 21 Olive Moto jacket. I have been wearing it a ton. I love the embellishment of the gold spikes. It  makes the jacket edgy and feminine at the same time.With the stores starting to get spring items in, they have a plethora of winter items on sale. I heard one girl as I was shopping say, " I don't look at anything that isn't around 10 dollars". So, that got me thinking of what I ask myself when I am doing end of the season shopping. Ask yourself:

1. Am I just buying this item because it is cheap?
2. Do I already have something similar in my closet?
3. Would I have bought it at the regular price?
4. Would I rather buy four sale items or buy the shirt I really want at regular price?

If you answer yes to any of the following questions, then you should probably not buy that sale item. Back away from the sales rack and get what you really want. Don't get me wrong I have bought sale items in the past, just because they are on sale. Now I really try to be more selective, because all of those sale items add up.




F21 Moto Jacket- Similar and Similar, Rubbish Moto Leggings- Similar, Studded Wrap Around Bracelet








How do you decide on a sale item?

Linking up at Visible Monday .

3 comments:

  1. Love that jacket! I'm digging all the great moto jackets in "suprizing" fabrics: denim, cottons, velvet. So un. Plus, I love olive green. Looks great on you. I try not to buy things just because they're on sale. I'm trying to get things I need, don't have, and can incorporate into my wardrobe. Sometimes I still get caught up n the deal though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you love that jacket - very cool. And thanks for the great reminders about "sales" - they're not always a bargain, if we already have two of the same thing at home! Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one great sale item, and a true value 'cause it does just what you think it does. Great look and you'll wear it to rags! I completely agree with your sales shopping criterion. I have a hard time shopping sales down here as not much is left,ever, in my size. But my resolution is holding; "Love it or leave it."
    (Sorry to be so slow getting back to you, kiddo. Internet was down for a couple of days, and I've been slow generally!)
    Good to see you posting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you ...