Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Pencil Me In

Happy Wednesday. With each new season comes new trends. It can be difficult to try to decide which ones work best for you. I tend to buy versatile pieces that will work with trends, that I know will last through many seasons. One trend that I have noticed for a few seasons is the "pencil" skirt. The fit I look for in a pencil skirt is form fitting, but not too tight, right at the knee, and versatile. I found this little number at the Goodwill in NYC for $4.98. For fall, I love the texture that a tweed and wool pencil skirt provides, especially combined with printed blouse or sweater.






This fall, I think one of the best selections of pencil skirts can be found at J.Crew.

J.Crew Collection Pencil Skirt

No. Pencil Skirt J.Crew
No. 2 Pencil Skirt Sequin Tweed Pencil Skirt- J.Crew



My thoughts and prayers go out to the people on the East Coast.
Linking up at the  The Pleated Poppy
Which skirt is your favorite? Do you wear pencil skirts or prefer another style?

7 comments:

  1. Pencil skirts are my absolute favorite! I like that you can dress them up and dress them down.

    Yours is a steal for $4.98. Loving it paired with the polka dots. Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I never met a polka dot shirt I didn't love.

      Delete
  2. Great look Carrie! I love your skirt and also the Sequin Pencil Skirt!
    kisses chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to invest in a new pencil skirt! This one is perfect! And what a steal!
    Happy to have found you through the WIWW linky!
    Newest follower! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That skirt was an amazing find! Love that you thrifted it. Newest follower after finding you on WIWW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't wear pencil skirts very much at all because I find them a bit restrictive to move in, but I love your look above!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you ...