Friday, February 1, 2013

DIY: Valentine's Coasters


Happy Friday, I thought this day would never come. For this post, I love decorating for different holidays, but in a subtle way. So, I came up with these easy Valentine's coasters. This project is inexpensive and can be done for less than $5.00. The outcome is so cute and would make a great gift


For this project, you need the following materials: cork board round coasters (they come in packs of 6 for $2.77), regular scissors, different edge scissors, Mod Podge, foam brush, scrapbook sheets of paper (they are around 59 cents). If you are a person that scrapbooks you may have some of these materials already. I do not, but I love looking at all the paper that is available.


Step 1: I did different patterns on each coaster. For the first pattern, I used a glass and traced around it.

Step 2: Draw a heart on the back side of the paper of a second piece of paper you have selected and cut out with regular scissors.
Step 3: Put Mod Podge on the back of the designed paper and glue the front. Make sure to apply glue all over generously.

Step 4: For another pattern, I traced both sides of the glass in the same circle. When cut out it will give you this pattern. Glue back of paper and cover over the top with Mod Podge. You can have a great time designing different patterns.

Step 5: I applied 3 more coats of Mod Podge, so that the coasters have a good seal against the condensation of the glass that will be on these.



Since it's the weekend and you might have a second or two to yourself (yeah right) I have a few blogs I would love for your to check out. Two of my friends have blogs, one is Cocktails and Sales by my friend Amanda. She tells of personal experiences, style tips and sales, and great places to shop that she has learned about since her move to Connecticut.

The second one is Letters the Lucinda by my best friend Cappy Troy. If you have every lost a love one in your life this blog may help you find comfort. Cappy kept a journal after her mother passed away and includes these letters in her blog. Every time I read her posts they touch my heart, because her mother was an amazing women.

I hope you have a great weekend and I hope to get something creative done. We shall see.

2 comments:

  1. What a cute project and I love the outcome. I'll have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute!
    Congrats on being featured at mom.me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you ...